Our jewellery is made of stainless steel and brass with styles consisting of either 14k or 18k fine gold plating. As with any jewellery, especially gold-plated jewellery requires extra care, therefore it is extremely important to follow these simple instructions to ensure the longevity of your pieces:
- It is important to note that all metal is susceptible to fading. To keep jewellery from fading and tarnishing, always remove pieces before washing hands, showering, swimming (exposure to chlorine), exercising, wearing perfume, cosmetics, hand/body moisturiser, hair products, body sprays and/or anything that involves moisture.
- Ensure your hands are clean and dry when handling all gold-plated jewellery.
- To maintain its quality and lustre, we recommend to store your pieces in the Miliaa Collective box they arrive in, a jewellery pouch or air-tight container, in a cool, dry place, away from heat and direct sunlight and hard or rough surfaces.
- Ensure pieces are separately stored to prevent scratches to metals
- Cleaning your pieces regularly will maintain their longevity. We advise that you do not use a cotton or microfiber cloth to clean your pieces as this may strip away the gold plating, instead gently use a dry and soft polishing cloth to rub, not buff the pieces. Further no liquids or solutions are necessary.
- All our products are hypoallergenic – although if irritation does occur, an old trick in the book is to apply clear nail polish as this will act as a barrier between your skin and the jewellery.
- If you have any other questions on how to care for your jewellery please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org